The Swiss Competence Centre (3RCC) on Refinement, Reduction and Replacement of animal experimentation (referred to as the principles of 3Rs) is a non-profit association, which aims to improve animal research in the life sciences. The 3RCC was created as a joint initiative by 11 Swiss Higher Education Institutions, Interpharma, the Federal food Safety and Veterinary Office and the Swiss Animal Protection Society.
The 3RCC Headquarters, located in Bern, is looking to strengthen its competence in the area of monitoring of replacement, reduction and refinement of animal experimentation. To achieve this, the 3RCC would like to recruit a:
Data Analyst (50-80%)
The main tasks are:
· Support the monitoring mandate of the 3RCC through coordination and processing of annual statistics on animal experimentation.
· Develop / implement automated text mining tools to extract information from animal licences and scientific publications.
· Support the internal monitoring of the 3RCC’s impact metrics.
· Create final documentation (graphs, reports etc.).
· Degree in statistics/mathematics/economics or equivalent analytical background.
· Previous practical experience in data analysis and reporting.
· Experience in working with large datasets.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Teams), illustration tools (e.g. Adobe Illustrator) programming knowledge (e.g. R, Python, Matlab), supervised learning.
· Good English knowledge, basic knowledge of either German or French.
· Attention to detail, ability to work independently.
· The applicant must have valid Swiss working permit.
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible, or in accordance to arrangements with the applicant. The position is on a contract basis for two years, with a possibility to extend. 50-80% full-time equivalent (FTE) depending on applicant’s previous experience. For more information, please contact Jenny Sandström (email@example.com).
Application files should include CV, a letter of motivation and certificates of relevant education. Documents should be prepared in English. Please send your application in a single PDF file by 1 March 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org .